You are here
Achievements and Milestones
- Austal officially opens on 8.8.88
- Delivers its first vessel.
- Delivers first fast ferry to China.
- Named as Western Australia’s “Best New Exporter.”
- Develops motion control system to greatly improve passenger comfort on fast ferries.
- Pioneers the use of gas turbines in catamaran fast ferries.
- Opens new waterfront facilities in Western Australia, enabling construction of larger vessels.
- Launches first Auto Express vehicle-passenger ferry.
- Austal’s MarineLink integrated monitoring, alarm and control system debuts.
- Completes the first fast vehicle-passenger ferry for service in South East Asia.
- Listed on the Australian Stock Exchange and wins first patrol boat contract.
- Expands into the United States with the establishment of Austal USA.
- Wins Australian Exporter of the year award.
- Wins contract to build new Royal Australian Navy Patrol Boats (Armidale Class).
- Launches first trimaran, then the world’s largest all-aluminium ship.
- Secures order for what will become the world’s fastest diesel-powered ferries.
- Delivers largest catamaran to date and acquires new shipyard in Philippines
- Completes first wind farm support vessels including first delivery from Philippines shipyard.
- Delivers first Cape Class Patrol Boat under a design, manufacture and support contract.
- Eight Cape Class Patrol Boats Delivered to Australian Border Force.
- Expansion of Cape Class program by two vessels, to be used by the Royal Australia Navy.
- Austal awarded contract for 19 steel patrol boats for the Commonwealth of Australia.
- Austal delivers two 72m High Speed Support vessels to the Royal Navy of Oman.
- Austal awarded contract to build a 109 vehicle passenger ferry, the largest to be built at the Australian Shipyard since 2011.
- Austal delivers 70m Large Crew Transfer vessel to Azerbaijan.
- Austal awarded ACPB remeditation work for seven vessels.
- Austal wins two WA Industry Export Awards - the Manufacturing Exports Award and the Marketing and Design Excellence Award. As a result, Austal was nominated as a finalist in the 54th Australian Export Awards.