You are here
Austal Limited (Austal, we, us) respects the privacy of our website visitors and others who provide Austal with personal information. This policy sets out how we collect, manage and use information we gather about you.
- Kinds of information collected
You may provide us with personal information while working with us or applying for employment with us, providing goods or services to us or purchasing goods or services from us. You may provide us with personal information simply by expressing interest in purchasing goods or services from us. The information we collect about you depends on the situation. In general, we may collect information such as:
- your name and contact details;
- your date of birth;
- work history, experience and details of your performance;
- education, qualifications and skills;
- awards and achievements;
- professional memberships, hobbies and affiliations;
- details of referees and personal references; and
- answers you provide to questions we ask which assist us to conduct our business, including to determine whether to employ you at Austal.
- How information is collected
There is a number of ways in which Austal may collect personal information, including:
- via our website;
- directly from you, when you provide it to us or our agents or contractors; from publicly available resources;
- with your consent, from third parties (where appropriate) including medical professionals and referees that you provide.
Austal may ask you to provide personal information when you:
- view our careers database;
- apply for a specific job vacancy;
- request to be a supplier or contractor; or
- contact us.
- Storage of personal information
Austal has security measures in place to attempt to protect against the misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of personal information under our control. Austal presently stores all information on secure servers that are located either on site in Henderson or on proximate backup hardware. In addition, personal information relating to employment applications Austal does not currently store any information overseas however if in future Austal elects to transfer personal information to someone in a foreign country, this will be done in accordance with the requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles.
- Passive information collection on website
The kinds of information that we may collect and hold about your visits to our website include your IP address, domain name, locality, operating system, browser type, referring website, search terms, pages and links accessed, and visit date and time. We may use this information for the purpose of maintaining and improving our website and enhancing your experience browsing our website.
Cookies may be disabled if you do not wish us to collect information about your visits to Austal’s website, but some parts of the website may not function properly as a result.
- Use of your personal information
- Disclosure of personal information
Austal will not disclose your personal information to any third parties except:
- to other companies within the Austal group, if required;
- to the extent required in order to contact referees or other people in order to confirm information you have provided (e.g. your work history and qualifications) and to perform relevant background checks;
- to third parties appointed by Austal, including our contractors, website and data hosting providers, technology service providers, accountants, lawyers and advisers (in which case Austal uses reasonable steps to ensure such third parties keep your personal information confidential).
- Accessing and correcting your personal information
If you need access to personal information held by Austal (for example to update or correct it), we will provide access to that information in accordancewith the Act. Where permitted by the Act, a reasonable fee may apply. To request a correction, update or access to the personal information held by
Austal about you, or to correct any personal information, please contact us using the details below.
- Complaint process
- Contact us
Austal can be contacted regarding privacy issues by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.